Students will learn management skills and business strategies for becoming an effective leader. Course with specially designed activities will help students explore their entrepreneurial skills, practice communicating with and empowering people and discover how to inspire team excellence.
Walt Disney World, Florida – Disney Leadership Strategies
Students ages 14-17 will learn Disney management skills and business strategies for becoming an effective leader. In this 3 hour academic adventure specially designed activities help students explore their entrepreneurial skills, practice communicating with and empowering people and discover how to inspire team excellence.
Key Learning Points
- Be introduced to the concept that leadership affects every aspect of business
- Come to understand that everyone has the opportunity to exhibit leadership traits and behaviors.
- Consider the impact of effective recognition in the workplace
- Explore the value of training and empowerment in creating an environment that delivers business results
- Examine the role of service and quality standards within the Walt Disney World ® Resort
- Learn that effective leaders strive to overcome barriers and challenges that prevent the achievement of business results
- Explore the organizational value of possessing an entrepreneurial outlook and skills
- Uncover the barriers, challenges, and advantages of effective communication
- Find that the strength and success of any organization is the result of individuals working toward a common goal
- Discover the multiple layers of communication and its effect on teamwork
Disneyland, California – Disney’s Approach to Leadership and Teamwork
Discover the Disney way of working and the management skills used to lead a Cast of thousands. Students in ages 10-17 will practice overcoming obstacles by working as a team and thinking creatively to develop solutions in this 3-hour program. Exercises designed to reinforce courage, curiosity and constancy aim to give students the confidence to set goals and accomplish their dreams.
Key Learning Points
- Tap into their personal leadership skills and learn how to apply them in a team setting.
- Discuss the importance of diversity and respect for the ideas and contributions of others.
- Develop and display effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Brainstorm for creative ideas and solutions to a given problem.
- Apply different ideas, perspectives and approaches to a project.
- Gain the confidence and determination to overcome obstacles and accomplish goals.
Lead a project to completion while maintaining a positive attitude.